Sunday, November 06, 2005

Poetry

You know I have never really looked at myself as a poet. But now, I guess I have no choice but to try to be one.

When I do things for others when asked it is really because I want the same done in return. Someone, some time ago, asked me to do a piece of art for her book, so I did. I was hoping that maybe I would get that kindness repayed back to me. Instead, I got insulted and told that I didn't live in the real world. This person even went as far as saying that I needed help. All I asked for is a poem, just a simple poem. It is sad really, that which I had done, the amount of effort, money, and time was repayed to me like this. If this is the real world, I think I will stay right where I am thank you.

The Second Daysong

Come to the heart of the Second Daysong
For this is for those who fight for our freedom
Come and let it be known they are not the forgotten one
From them we will gain our loved kingdom

They are our strength and our hope
Let us pray for them to return safe
They know what our beating hearts hope
Let them come back to their true place

For our souls will join in their coming home
We will all be joined in the eyes of the Graces
For the souls of our loved one need not roam
We wish them only peace in personal spaces

Come to us our beloved strong sons
It is you whom we love is spite of youselves
Come for our love our beautiful ones
It is for you that we will listen to your tales

There is more, I think, but this what I did one night. Love to all.....
*I will not name the person I was speaking about because of her career as a writer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.