Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Stryper (welcomed break from my main guy, E'Falco)



For those of you who don't know me I was a huge Stryper fan. I have all the cassettes, CDs and posters. I even have an autographed picture of Robert and Tim (along with some personal pictures those two as well). I even got their solo stuff (all of Michael's for sure).

But I lost interest back in 2000. All the bad things that were being said about Robert, Michael and the whole nine yards. I didn't see Stryper ever coming back from that desaster. But I guess that time does heal all wounds but I have not even thought of coming back as a fan. Just too much has happened.

I dropped away from all of that internet garbage about Stryper (and maybe even God) when dad was told his cancer returned. I could only handle one stressful thing at a time. He had six months to live. I was down and just could not get up from that. Then in May of 2001, Mom passed away having something to do with her heart. I was already fighting to stay on top but I kicked it into over ride and I took care of Dad until he passed away in October of 2001 (just about 6 months after Mom).

Don't ask me about 2002, I could not even tell what happened that year. But I can tell you about one small miracle. I met someone, someone special (no... not like that! get your mind out of the gutter). I think that was when Teri V. was hired as TV Traffic. Who is Teri V.? She is something else, that is all I can tell you. Always a smile and never had a problem with cooling my temper. I am happy to say we are still friends today. Oh... I guess I forgot to tell you... she is the daughter of a minister. So needless to say, slowly ever so slowly God is making his way into my life. Then in January 2003, my boss, "Dapper" Dan passed away and it was time to give back. I tried to be there of Niki, his daughter.

So there you have it.... My tragic past. It would be in mid-2003 that E'Falco flew into my life. I know that is what mom and dad would have wanted for me. To move on. I don't think I will be getting that little birdy out of my life to soon. As for Stryper (yes... back to topic), well they are back together (sort of, Tim, their bass player is retired now). They have a new CD called "Reborn", I can't say I'm a fan of the CD cover but if I can lay my hands on a copy I'll give them a listen for old time sake.

love to all.........

No comments: