Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fargo (the movie) continued....

Oh my... I have recieved a couple of comments about what I said about the movie "Fargo". So I'm going to address the last comment here and now. And I'll address as if it was NOT posted by one of my many relatives.

Yes, my roots are in North Dakota and alot of the movie is true. It is true that if you are going to talk to anyone be prepared to sit and talk a spell. Now Fargo is located at the OTHER end of the state close to Minnesota (ok, I'm opening a NEW can of worms) and yea I heard them talk like that too. But also yea, they talk like that in Canada too but look how far the STATE is from there as well. Don't get me wrong..... I love North Dakota. I all but grew up there.

love to all.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Lauree :), It's Dede again. For anyone reading this, I LIVE IN FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA. Now, I've never seen the movie, but from what I've heard about it, we don't talk with that dramatic of an accent, but we do talk a lot! It wouldn't take much to find someone to sit down w/ you and talk up a storm, but we don't talk with such an accent that you can immediately distinguish us from any of the other surrounding states. I have also heard that the movie has BARELY any truth to it, but a lot of people do believe it!!

Anonymous said...

It is true that Nodakians tend to be a bit long winded, But Us who have been here for a while (most of our lives) do not have such an accent to be confused with Canadians. I thought that we sound much like everybody else with exceptions to the southern accent. Even the ones close to Minnesota sound pretty much the same. But, however, I have heard people tell me I have a NODAK accent. I just tell them they're crazy. And Dede, you should see the movie (that is if you want a good laugh). I think it portrays North Dakotans to be kinda stupid people. If and when you do, you will understand what I mean.